Saturday 7 November 2015

It's that red lips time of year!

Hey guys!

I hope you have all had a wonderful week! I cannot believe it is already November! I think someone pressed fast-forward on September and October! Yesterday I went to see a 'talk' called Safe Drive Stay Alive and it was so harrowing! It really made me think about driving safely (not that i'm not planning to drive safely when I turn 17!), even when it's not me actually driving. If you're from the UK and your school or college offers it, I would definitely recommend going, even if you don't  plan on driving immediately after you turn 17, it also focused on how you can avoid an accident if you're a passenger of someone driving riskily. I'll put a link to their website here if you want to go and have a look. I do have to say though, what they say is very hard-hitting and sometimes upsetting but at least it gets the point across.

Anyway, onto the post. The past few weeks have been DIY posts so I thought throwing in a good ol' review would be fun. Around this time of year, make-up looks start getting a little darker and more dramatic. Basically, the red, purple and brown lipsticks come out to play. This is the first year that I've tried a slightly darker lipstick and, I have to say, I love it! I went out a few weeks ago and brought 2 types, a lip crayon and a regular lipstick. I wasn't really expecting them to both be the same colour, as the colour of the outer shell looked different but it actually worked out well for me! I now have 2 different types, that are suited to different budgets, to share. I haven't really tried out the Make-up Revolution one much yet, but it'll probably be just as good as the other one from Revlon I have.

The Revlon lip crayon is in the colour Fiery Flamboyante (270) and was £7.99. I'll be the first to admit that I wouldn't usually pay that much for something like a lipstick, but this one has definitely been worth it! I wore it out to a meal with my friends about a week ago and it stayed put the whole time I was eating, and I only touched it up afterwards because I'd wiped off some from the edge. It has some serious staying power and is also pretty easy to apply!


The Make-up Revolution lipstick is just a traditional lipstick in the colour 'Reckless'. It's pretty much the same as the Revlon crayon, except it's £1 instead of almost £8. Considering how little it costs, it's actually a pretty great lipstick. There's a little pot on the end (the bit with the colour) with lipstick inside but I have no idea why it's there, so if anyone knows, please tell me!


This last piece is just a lipliner from New Look. It doesn't have a particular colour but I'm pretty impressed with my colour matching skills as I brought it (for £1.99) without knowing if it was actually a good match or not. Turns out, it is, so I'm very happy with it. The price isn't really really high either, which means that it won't break the bank for anyone wanting to buy it.


I hope you all have a lovely week. If you're watching any fireworks tonight, then have fun and make sure you take an umbrella, particularly if you live in the South East!

Love, Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment