Saturday 18 October 2014

A DIY Memory Jar

Hey guys!

This DIY idea is similar to my first post where I was making an 'inspirational quotes jar', except this one is slightly more personal as it can hold memories from any length of time in your life. You could make one that spans a few weeks, months or even years!



The idea is to write down, on small slips of paper, good things that happened in your day, fold it up and write the date on the back. You then put it in a jar and add to the jar every day that something great happened! I kept one of these jars for the whole of 2013 and it was really fun reading them all at the end of the year because it made me remember all of the good things that happened instead of just remembering the bad things! I also kept one for the summer of this year because I was doing quite a few different things that I wanted to remember (like going to Wales!)



It is like a little diary that is a bit more quirky by design and one that doesn't really take as much effort! When I say that it doesn't take as much effort, I mean that you don't have to write in a book that you have to try and not let people see and you also can't look at any of the slips in the jar until the end of the time period you decided to keep the jar for because that would spoil the nice surprise! 



The best type of jar to use is generally a large one that is quite nice looking because this idea makes a nice decoration for your room too! If you are only keeping the memory jar for a shorter period of time you could probably just use a small jam jar.



I hope you enjoy trying this idea because it is quite fun to keep and write things for! It doesn't just have to be you filling it out, you could even make a family one that everyone puts something in from time to time! 


Until next time
Grace
X

No comments:

Post a Comment