Saturday 11 October 2014

An Idea for Tiny Jars

Hey guys!



When I found these little jars in a gift shop in wales, I knew that I would find a use for them but at that point I had no idea what that use would be! It was my mum who actually gave me the idea to fill them with sand from different beaches that I visit (thanks mum!)



It is a really cute way to keep a reminder of where I have been and still have a cool decoration at the same time!

3 of the jars I filled from different beaches around the UK and you can see a difference in the coarseness of the sand! The sand from Clacton is basically lots of small stones, the sand from Great Yarmouth is slightly finer with only a few stones but the sand from Barry is, what I feel, perfect sand (for the UK) it is very fine and a beautiful golden colour! 



However, one of the jars is filled with sand that some of my family sent in a birthday card all the way from Australia and it really is beautiful. It is the finest sand there and is so pretty, white and clean! There are no stones at all and I never knew sand could be so nice!



As I only started this in the summer, I haven't been to many beaches yet so I filled 2 of the jars with other 'beachy' items. One of them is full of tiny, beautiful shells! We found all of these and more on the beach in Barry and they look so cute in the jar! You can see all the different types and colours.



The other jar I decided to fill with little pieces of sea glass (glass that has been worn down by the sea so that it is now clouded) and we managed to find some really tiny pieces and it fills the jar with different shades of green and blue and is so pretty!


If you wanted to do this, I'm sure that most craft shops would have tiny jars like this (if you're from the UK I know 'The Works' definitely has them) and you could fill them with anything you like, from little buttons to painted rice! You could put anything into them or, once they are filled, you could tie string around the neck of the jar and use them as a very different style of bunting.



Until next time 
Grace
X


No comments:

Post a Comment