Monday 23 March 2015

Banana and cinnamon muffins

Hey guys!

Sorry I couldn't post on Saturday like usual, it was my practice weekend for my Duke of Edinburgh award! We think we walked about 15 miles and now I ache quite a bit! However, it was so amazing and I loved every minute! Anyway,on to the post!

This one is going to be another short post, I really don't like writing short ones because I think they're more boring but since I have to be up early tomorrow, it's going to have to be. This one is another recipe, except, this time, you can eat it! Banana and cinnamon muffins! I really loved making this recipe, I used a standard (50g per egg) cake recipe but decided to add my own amounts of extras afterwards. 

You will need: a mixing bowl, a spoon to mix or an electric whisk, cake/muffin cases and a tray to put them in. Also, flour, eggs, butter, sugar, cinnamon and banana will be helpful too!

First up, mix 100g of butter and 100g of caster sugar together in a bowl until it is creamy. Then, I'd suggest whisking up the whites of 2 eggs (add the yolks to the butter and sugar mixture) so they're very light and fluffy. you can then add this gradually while sifting in 100g of self raising flour. This should (hopefully) make the mixture thicker and smooth.

At this point, you can add in about 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. The banana I added at first was quite small so I decided to add 2 in. I tried to mash them up as much as possible so that it wasn't lumpy, in the end it looked a little like puree which I think is a good thing. The banana will weigh down the cake when it is baked so I suggest adding about 2 teaspoons of baking powder, this will hopefully make it rise more. I didn't add it in when I made these and they were quite small and heavy. (At this point, you can add any other additions in).

I thought these muffins were so tasty and this mixture made about 12 large-ish cupcakes. I definitely think that different recipes are fun to make and it's great to try new things and see if they work! You never know, you may find a new favourite!

As it's almost Easter, I was thinking of doing a few festive posts soon, I've been searching on Pinterest for a few ideas and I was thinking of maybe doing some decorated egg shells but if you have any other ideas, feel free to tweet me! @_littleblog


Until next time 
Grace
X

No comments:

Post a Comment