Thursday 24 July 2014

Cupcake Thursday

Hey there!

Welcome to 'Cupcake Thursday'! It originally started out as 'Cupcake Wednesday' because I tweeted about it and forgot that I would be posting this on a Thursday! *oops* But I did make these cakes on a Wednesday, so that counts, right? ;) 

The cupcakes I decided to make were strawberry and vanilla. This post won't have step-by-step instructions but it will have measurements.

You will need:

Spoons
A large bowl
Smaller bowls
Sieve
An electric whisk (optional)
Scales
Cupcake cases
Baking trays
Measuring spoons (optional)



The measurements I used for the ingredients were enough to make about 12 cupcakes and they were quite big so you could half the measurements for smaller cakes or just make more!

Ingredients:



As you can see, I have 2 bags of caster sugar because I thought I needed more but turns out I did have enough! 

100g Butter
100g Self-raising flour
100g (Golden) Caster sugar
2 Medium-large eggs
Strawberry jam or powder or flavouring (add to taste)
Vanilla essence (add to taste)

Optional:
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder

If you don't have a recipe to follow then you can find a step-by-step guide here but just change in these ingredients instead of the previous ones.



For the icing:

These measurements are all approximations because when I make icing I just kind of guess the measurements and go by taste instead of exact amounts.



50g Butter
150g Icing sugar



Vanilla essence (add to taste)



Strawberry jam or powder or flavouring (add to taste)



I also added some 'Gel Food Colouring' to make it a bit more pink but its up to you if you add any or not.

I (personally) think that the icing is the best part! (The reason may or may not be because you get to taste it!) ;)

  

As you can see, I also decorate them with chocolate magic stars which I love and figured it would make the cakes look super cute!

I hope you try these cupcakes and enjoy them (as I have, they are sweet but not overpowering) 
Feel free to tweet or Instagram me a picture of any attempts :) 


 Until next time
-G-
X

No comments:

Post a Comment