Saturday 19 July 2014

DIY Beauty Storage Ideas

Hey there!

So, today's post is going to be a few do it yourself beauty storage ideas. They are ways you can store any beauty related (or not) products *duh, it's in the title* and, although some of them are slightly strange, others (I think) are quite good ideas!

1.  ~Jars~
Jars can be used for a multitude of different things and they don't even have to be special in any way! I've just been using some old jam/marmalade jars (obviously after I cleaned them out!) In the first one I stored hair bands and a few hair-bow clips (you may be able to tell that I like the colour blue!)



In the second I kept the remainder of my hair-related items. I had a hair doughnut, some clips and other hair bands. I also had, what I think are the cutest hair slides ever! they have these really sweet little owls on them and add a perfect accent to any hair style, whether it is plain and down or a dressy up-do.





Next up I have a few, as I call them, 'clippy jars' because I honestly don't know the real name for them. I brought them from Ikea for £0.80 for the smaller one and £1.25 for the larger one. They are meant to be used for preserving food, I think, as they have seals and are pretty air-tight. However, I wanted to use them for other reasons. To make the jars more decorative you could use glass pens or paint or add other decorations.


In the larger jar I like to store nail polish. It is great for showing off all of the different bottles and colours but it does smell quite strongly of nail polish which makes me think that one may have leaked! In the jar is only a small proportion of all my nail polishes and I may do a 'nail polish collection' post sometime in the future but I think it is slightly OTT but they were just too pretty to leave! (insert scene from despicable me; *it's so fluffy I'm gonna die!)


2.  ~Tic Tac boxes~
This next one is a method that I saw on Pinterest I think where someone had posted about their idea to store hair grips in a tic tac box. It is the perfect height and the opening at the top is great for just pouring them out and not just tipping them all over the place! It is also perfect for keeping them in one place so you can just throw it in your bag and you wont have stray hair grips floating around.

The small box is also good for wrapping hair bands around it to keep them safe and together. As I said before, (well, partially) the box is very portable and tidy.

I also have a larger tic tac box which I think I brought while in France that had 100 tic tacs in it. It has a small flip lid but I prefer to use the larger flip lid because I use the box to store cotton pads for taking my make-up off. It is the perfect size and is pretty 'sleek' which is pretty cool, I think it kind of looks like a giant tic tac!



3.  ~ Giant Tea Cups~
I actually have 2 of these 'giant tea cups', one red and one green. In this one I like to keep cotton wool balls because I thought it looked pretty cool! I thought it looked a bit like cream on top of a hot chocolate either that or a cloud in a tea cup. A little like the saying 'a storm in a tea cup'.


4.  ~Rubbers~
Ok, now this one is quite weird! Yesterday I had the thought of maybe keeping my earrings in a rubber because it would hold them together and upright. Don't worry, I did wash it but I'm not too sure about this method because it may be slightly too 'out there' and altogether useless! 


I kind of think it looks a bit like a little rose garden (may just be me!).

5.  ~Candle Holders~
My last idea for a storage idea is, I think, quite cute. It is a little candle holder I got from Ikea that cost £2.50. It is the perfect size for storing make-up brushes and I think the 'cut-out' design is so pretty! They also come in a variety of sizes (the larger ones are plant-pot covers) and colours.














It feels like a lifetime since I last posted but, in reality, it was only last Saturday! It must be because I've had such a busy week! Also, since it is summer, I thought I may start to blog a bit more and upload a post mid-week. Any ideas for posts are always welcome! 


Until next time
-G-
X

No comments:

Post a Comment