Monday 22 December 2014

Clear Baubles

Hey guys, 

It is now officially the eve of the eve of Christmas eve! How much of a mouthful is that! In simpler terms, it is only 3 days until Christmas! I'm not sure if you can tell but I happen to be a little excited! I think it may be because I'm so excited about seeing some of my family, who live in Australia, for the first time in 2 and a half years! I may try and take a few pictures to share with you guys!

So, back to business. Today's post is going to be something that I think is quite cool! Baubles filled with a filler of your choice! Seriously, you could fill a clear bauble with anything from buttons or beads to sprinkles or glitter! It gives you something that is entirely your own and completely unique at the same time.

Start off with a clear plastic bauble, I think the internet is probably the best place to find one of these as I searched in a few shops and couldn't find anything. The best ones are any that you can take the top fixing off of, even if you have to glue it back on later. My bauble is actually a bit of a cheater since I was given it as an early present with some socks inside. However, it is split into two halves which made it a little difficult to fill whereas if you have a bauble that you can remove the top, it makes it a little easier. 



I actually saw this idea on, yes you guessed it, Pinterest and thought it would be quite cool and quirky and would make a good present for someone or would be good as a tree decoration. 



For my bauble I used some different coloured beads. I had to fill each half at a time and then quickly squish them together. A few of the beads fell out but not a many as I was expecting! It actually looked really cool! I just wish I had been able to leave it like it but the halves didn't really want to stay together so I had to take the beads out again. 





I hope you like this idea, I think it is quite cool and would make a lovely homemade gift for someone.

Until next time
Grace
X

No comments:

Post a Comment