Wednesday 24 December 2014

Snowflakes

Hey guys!

T'was the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse...

Wow! I can't believe it is Christmas Eve already! It seems like just yesterday I was blogging ideas for Halloween and talking about Summer! Now, I'm talking about snowflakes and Christmas cards! 

Now, you're probably thinking 'don't be daft Grace! I already know how to make paper snowflakes!' You may be the champion at making snowflakes but I have always failed slightly! They all end up looking a bit square and not very delicate. I was browsing Pinterest (as I do on quite a regular basis now!) one evening and I came across these patterns and a method for cutting a kind of circle from the paper. 

If you get an A4 sheet of paper and fold part of it into a square. Then fold it in half again so that it looks like a small triangle. 





Ever since I was a child I have loved making paper snowflakes. There's just something about having a delicate little decoration that is completely unique and you can be  proud that you have made it yourself. (However, I always managed to get little paper cuttings everywhere and this wasn't very pleasing for my parents!)


Models for paper snowflakes.  Site is in Italian but you can get the idea from the image. Just cut out the darker area.

These templates make really delicate and pretty snowflakes (I feel like I've used the word 'delicate' way too many times so far!) and you can hang them up or stick them to your windows to create a white winter wonderland just for you.

There was also another idea I found, and that was 'snowflake ballerinas'! They look effortlessly cool and pretty hanging up. If you find my Pinterest account there are some links to other blogs with templates and ideas you can use. 




If you cut out one of the templates (or draw your own) and then make a fairly big snowflake, you can slot them together and create a beautiful tutu for the ballerina. If you cut a thin slot in the center of the snowflake you should be able to slip it on over the ballerina so she can wear it like a skirt.











You can then string them up to create a beautiful decoration!

Until next time
Grace
X

No comments:

Post a Comment