Saturday 14 February 2015

Last Minute Valentines Ideas

Hey guys, 

So, its a little last minute for a valentines idea but you never know when you might need a last minute token gift! These ideas can be used for children but also for adults wanting to give a sweet or different type of gift. I don't really get Valentines day, it may just be because I've never really had or done anything special for it! *awkward silence* Shouldn't every day be one where you show the person you love just how much you do?

The first idea was one I found on Pinterest a few weeks ago and I thought it was so cute! It's definitely one for kids in school to give to their classmates but I still think it can be a good idea for teens or even adults.



For this one you can use black card but as I didn't have any, I just decided to colour in some white card. You will also need black pens (one thin for detains, one thick for quicker colouring), possibly a white or silver pen if you're using black card and a bouncy ball of any size you choose.



First you need to draw and cut out a heart shape that (depending on the size of the bouncy ball you have) can range from a quarter of a piece of card to a whole piece.



You can write whatever you want on the card but because it was space themed for me I wrote 'You're out of this world!' It's a little cheesy but oh well! 



The way I found to get the ball to stay on the card was to create 2 slits in a cross and then cut out a circle about the same size as the ball. it should stay but you can add some tape over the back to secure it more. This craft is more about, you decide what you want it to look like.



I decided to add a second craft idea to this as I don't particularly like just having one in a post, especially if it is quite a short idea. 

This one is a valentines cracker. It can also be remodelled for any other holiday, like Christmas or even a birthday party. You could fill it with sweets or little toys and give them out for party bags as a slightly different and quirky idea to others. I may make some for my friends at Christmas and fill it with snowman poop (tic-tac mints!)



I ended up making my cracker into a triangular prism one as it made it much easier for me to glue it together. First you need to fold a piece of card into 4 equal segments and draw 2 parallel lines at each end of the card, these will be the guide for where to draw the diamonds.  You will need to draw and cut out 4 diamond shapes, plus 2 half ones at each end. Draw them so that the center of the diamond is where the fold is (from where you folded the paper into 4 segments).




Once you have cut out the diamonds you should be able to fold the card around into a triangular prism shape. You may want to decorate it before gluing it together as it is slightly easier! (as I found out the hard way!) I decided to add some 'ribbon' to tie it up (I just used some strips of paper and curled them with some scissors.






I really liked both of these ideas because they can be changed around and can be used for any other occasion too! I also love trying to make new things and will be checking on Pinterest for more! I have multiple boards dedicated to anything blog related and I absolutely adore all of the pins I have found so far! I know I said I didn't like writing short posts but this one may be a little longer than I expected it to be! *oops* I hope you like it anyhow!
On Monday I'm going to Berlin for a trip with my school! It's safe to say that I am very excited and this half term break could not have come sooner! I'm also going to try and compile a post in the next few weeks with different places I visit but the photos probably wont be all that great since I cant take my blogging camera! I can't wait to share it with you guys!

I hope you have a lovely weekend and week! 
Until next time
Grace
X

No comments:

Post a Comment