Friday 3 April 2015

Easter nails

Hey guys!

Happy Good Friday (if you celebrate it!), and if you don't, Happy Friday! :)

This weekend, I'm going to do a post tonight and then another Sunday morning, as I'm out all day tomorrow and won't have any wi-fi to post, but I had 2 different things I wanted to post.

Today's post is an Easter nails idea. I'm not actually using these nails for my weekend but rather, I now have painted them nude with glitter on top, I'll Instagram a photo in a bit! The first one is supposed to be grass with flowers on it but, in hindsight, it kind of looks like vomit! (eww!) 

First, I painted a strip of green along the top edge of my nail and then, using my nail brush, I dragged the paint upwards to give the impression of grass along the bottom of the nail. This bit went well, and I think it looked ok, but then I added colour...



I added some different coloured spots and spread them out a little to create flowers. In my mind, this worked very well, but in reality, it looked dreadful! (or at least, I think it did. if you like vomit nails, then feel free to recreate it!)



The nails that I did (kind of) like, were these next ones. I painted one nail green and the other four white. Then, on the green nail, I painted the outline of a rabbit sitting down. This was a little difficult as the tool I was using was very difficult to use (I'd recommend using a toothpick if you're going to do this). Don't forget to add two floppy ears! I added a little silver tail to it too (because white wouldn't show up on white, haha) to add a little more detail. I think this little bunny is quite cute but the versions on Pinterest are so much neater than mine, but that always seems to happen! I think people on Pinterest must just have the magic touch!



On the four white nails, I painted a little carrot on each. As it was the first time I had painted a carrot before, I just did one bigger one but I think lots of smaller carrots would look much cuter, and more delicate.



I prefer the second lot of nails to the first, by far! I hope you like them too! Have a lovely weekend! And have a lovely Easter! Enjoy all your chocolate!


Until next time
Grace
X

No comments:

Post a Comment