Saturday 24 October 2015

Words on Jars

Hey guys!

This week has been a hectic one, I feel like that's been how every post has started the last few weeks! At the moment it kind of feels like I'm running head-first down a really big hill and can't stop! I definitely need this half term! The DIY this week is words glued onto jars. This creates such a cute little tea-light holder, and when the candle is lit, the words show up beautifully.


For this, I used a glue gun. It creates the perfect look for the words but it was a little difficult to get them looking as neat as I wanted. I don't think there's a way that you could mark the words on beforehand without it showing through though.


For this jar, I used a square one, which I’m pretty sure came from some kind of chutney or sauce. It looks cooler, in my opinion, because not many jars out there are square, at least, not that I’ve seen!



I think these jars would look great if the glue was patterned on one side with the word(s) on the opposite side. I think this would just make the words stand out that little bit more. You could even paint over the glue with glass paints (or pens) to create a kind of stained glass effect.



My favourite side is definitely the one that says hope, The letters came out the best and there was less residue left on the glass.

I hope you guys have a fantastic week!

Love, Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment