Saturday 9 August 2014

Washing Make-up Brushes

Hey there!

Sorry there wasn't a post on Thursday this week! I was super busy and didn't have time to write one.  This post has been one I have been trying to decide how to write and show in photos/videos. It has been quite hard but hopefully this style will work! If the videos I have don't work then I will do my best to describe how to was your make-up brushes.

First up you need a towel to lay the damp brushes out on, I choose to put them under my radiator, not because it is on but because it is out of the way and I am less likely to forget they are there. (Of course you will also need your brushes!)



You will also need some soap or shampoo or something similar. I find that any liquid soap works well enough but also everyday shampoo or and specific brush shampoo would probably work too!


Once you have wet the brush and squirted an amount of soap onto it (enough depending on the size of the brush itself) then you can start to wash it. It is a good idea to do this in running water but you can also use a bowl of water too. The method I have found very effective is to rub the brush on your palm in a circular motion. After rinsing the brush to make sure all of the soap suds are gone it is a good idea to run the brushes under running water until it runs clear so you can be sure that they are completely clean.

After rinsing the brushes you should squeeze out as much of the water as you can before laying them out on the towel to dry.


I find that it is a good idea to try and wash your brushes once a month to keep them clean and free from bacteria which could cause breakouts. However, It is all very well me saying this but I probably don't wash my brushes as often as I should! *oops* It is also a good idea to wash your brushes when you don't need them for a while because they will probably need a few hours to dry, unless you have a different set of brushes and can still use the ones which are not wet.


My brushes are a bit of a mash-up of makes and types. Most of them are actually from a set from 'Sports Direct' and are by Sarah Ashton, I also have a couple from Primark and then a blending brush from 'Barry M'. I will probably invest in some new brushes at some point in the near future but since mine work fine I don't really see a reason to get new ones. However, I have heard that both the 'Real Techniques' and 'Zoeva' brushes are good.

Anyway, I guess that's it for this post, I hope you enjoyed reading it and that it did help anyone who didn't know how to or even realise that they have to wash make-up brushes!

Until next time
-G-
X


 (I did have some video clips for this post but I couldn't get them to upload so I had to just describe the process so I hope it made sense and was easy-ish to follow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment