Saturday 20 September 2014

An Idea for Postcards

Hey!

I had this idea a few weeks back when I saw the tiny pegs that were in my last post. I have a lot of postcards. Everywhere I go I get one, or two, or three and I have never really known what to do with them.




When I brought the little white pegs, they made me think 'hmm... how can I use these in a more creative way than just pegging up Christmas cards?' Which is quite a temporary use! Then it hit me! I could make a 'washing line' of postcards so I could remember where I had been and have a cute, DIY decoration at the same time.




When I buy a postcard from somewhere I like to write the dates that I was in the place for and who I was with. Writing some memories would help you to remember the time you had in the place the postcard was from.



You could also (and I think I may do this) print out some photos or images with quotes on them to add to the line. I decided to use some twine as the washing line but I only have a very short length at the moment so I need to buy some more! You could also use some wool or coloured string but I decided that this twine would give it more of a rustic look!



I hope this post wasn't too boring for you and sorry it was a little short but there is only so much you can say about postcards and string!




Until next time
-G-
X

No comments:

Post a Comment