Saturday 22 November 2014

Confetti nail polish review

Hey guys,

For this post I decided to review a nail polish that I've had a while. The camera really didn't want to pick up on the strands but I gave it a shot anyway. It is quite pretty in the bottle, lots of little strands of something, I'm not entirely sure what, but I think it may be plastic. 



Once I put it on one of my nails I didn't like it quite so much. It went on very well and a lot of confetti strands ended up on the nail on the first layer, compared to some glitter polishes that end up putting nothing on the nail. The blue one was quite pretty but I felt both polishes looked a lot prettier in the bottles. I decided, after painting a bare nail, to try it on a few other colours.



The first colour was called bubblegum and I tried it on white, black and light blue. My personal favourite was the black because it made the strands stand out, but the white looked quite cool for the winter since it's quite cold colours. 



The light blue nail was probably my least favourite as it didn't make the effect stand out at all and it didn't really have a particular 'wow factor'.


The next bottle holds a confetti effect that has the name 'dolly mixture'. It is made up of very pretty colours but together I thought they were a bit of a strange combination and I didn't like it as much as the blue one.


I tried to find some colours that would compliment it the best but I could only find a nude colour and a bright pink. The nude just looked the same as my original nail colour but the pink didn't look too bad. The camera doesn't really do any of the nails justice as the light kept reflecting off the shiny surface!



Each pot of polish is £3.99 and there are other colours. I think that the black one would look quite cool but maybe not the pink. The other colours I used were: MUA - white; Collection - blackjack 2; Barry M - Gelly, sugar apple; Barry M 342 nude and Barry M limited edition 2013. I don't think the limited edition pink is being sold any more but there are other options that look quite similar. Barry M - bright pink 279 that is £2.99 or there is also Barry M summer matte 7 Miami that is £3.99.

I still love the quality of Barry M but I can't say I will be rushing to buy any new confetti polishes! I'm not sure they're really my thing, but if you like this sort of nail look then I do recommend them! It does leave a lot of strands and I think, with the right back colour it would look lovely.

Until next time
Grace
X

No comments:

Post a Comment