Saturday 15 November 2014

The Poppies in London

Hey guys,

I had a DIY post for today but I went up to London in the week and decided to do a post dedicated to the poppies.

If any of you live in the UK (I'm not sure if anyone anywhere else knows about them) then you may be aware that at the Tower of London there was a memorial made up of  888'246 ceramic poppies. Each poppy represented a British or Commonwealth death during World War 1. 



The last poppy was placed on Armistice day (Tuesday 11th November) and myself and my family drove up to London so that we could see all of poppies in their glory and before they were removed on the Wednesday. The whole memorial was so beautiful and made it really hit home just how many people lost their lives.

Whilst I was there I took a few pictures and thought you would like to see some of them. It was raining a little while I was there and my camera picked up some of the rain drops in the pictures, so that's what the little blobs are in some of them.











I hope you liked these pictures! If you didn't get the chance to see the poppies there are still parts that will be there until the end of this month (the weeping window and wave sections).


Until next time 
Grace
X

No comments:

Post a Comment