Sunday 2 August 2015

Nail Polish Organisation

Hey Guys!

I'm back from my holiday now! It was absolutely fantastic! I think I'll probably do a couple of posts about some of the places I visited, but they'll probably be quite spread out over the next few months. It'll probably take me that long to sort all of my photos anyway (there's over 1400 of them)! Our flights was delayed both on the way out and on the way home so ended up getting to the house we stayed at and back home at about 2am both times! 

I'm sorry this post is a little late! I had a lot to do yesterday and I realised I wouldn't have much time to write this post (It would have ended up slightly rushed!). I got the idea for this post, yes, you guessed it, from Pinterest! I always forget to go on my blog account mostly because my phone is linked with my personal account! I should probably spend a lot less time on it than I do though! There's just so many good ideas! These were actually 2 separate ideas but i thought it would pad out the post a little more if there was more than one part. 



If you're like me then you will have a LOT of nail polishes that you just don't know what to do with! I used to keep some in a drawer, some in a jar, some in a small box and generally others everywhere else! They're one step away from falling out of my ears! Ok, so maybe not that many, but there's still a lot.

The idea is to cover a shoe box with wrapping paper/wallpaper/just regular paper and decorate it however you like, to keep the polish pots in. My box is just covered in white paper at the moment but there's not much point in me decorating it until I've re-covered it, because my cat chewed up one of the corners! The box I found was the perfect size! I was completely expecting it to be too big as well! The box makes it easier to store all of the polishes, you can use one (or more) that fit into specific paces in your room but I think mine will either be kept on my shelves or in a drawer! ~I just had a sudden brain wave to do the same with make-up, so I'll have to remember that!~ 





My other idea I found was to use a couple of pages in a note book (I chose to use my blogging book as I use it a lot) and paint small swatches of each polish and then number them, also numbering the bottles at the same time. They're not completely in colour order but I tried to! Some colours look completely different when they're in the bottle compared to when they're painted! 



25 is so light that it doesn't want to focus in any of the pictures!
  


Using my little book, I can tell you that I wore number 21 to Prom with some of 49 on top. It helps me to see the colours more clearly and then I can match the best ones together. This is probably one of my favourite ideas and I've been planning to do it for ages! I always end up starting new projects when I'm halfway through something. This time, I was halfway though unpacking when I decided to start doing all of the swatches! Sometimes I get quite distracted! *oopsies!*

Anyway, I hope you guys have a good few days!


Until next time 
Grace 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment