Saturday 23 January 2016

A Year of Happiness

Hey guys,

This December I will be 18. I decided around October last year to keep a memory jar, but didn't want to just start on a random date. I had one in 2013 and it ran from January 1st to December 31st, this one, however, I wanted to do from my birthday for a year. It meant I could write every happy thing that happens in my life throughout the year and read them all back on my birthday this year. I did a similar memory jar in summer 2014 (here), the only real difference being the size of the jar! In an effort to be more positive and optimistic, I decided to use a huge jar that my friend gave to me full of gummy bears. It has just sat there for almost a year and a half without much use, but now it is perfect.


After it became my memory jar (ignore the post-it for a label, I couldn't find any stickers!), it sat on my windowsill for 2/3 weeks looking a little plain. Also on my windowsill is a jar full of sharpies in all different colours, so I put 2 and 2 together, and realised, the sharpie wouldn't come off if I drew on it!

Having a memory jar is a good idea if you really struggle to remember the happy things happening at the moment. Even if it is just something as small as getting out of bed, trying a new food, going out or reading a really great book. Anything, small or large, that makes you happy, is a thing to write down for the jar. If you need some motivation that day, or week, then choose a few slips and read them, to see all of the things that have been good recently.

I challenge you all to start a memory jar and stay positive with all of the things you write, whether it lasts for a month or a year, it will be worth it!

I hope you all have a lovely week!

Love, Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment