Saturday 30 January 2016

January Favourites

Hey guys,

I can't believe it is almost February! This month has gone so quickly, I only realised on Friday that I break up for half term in 2 weeks, and my coursework is due in next week... Good times... Anyway, on to the favourites.

~Barry M - Showgirl Mascara~


Last year I saw that there was an offer on for Barry M that if you brought over £6/7 of products, then you received this mascara for free. It is usually worth around £7.99, so the offer was good value for money!
I really love the packaging for it, The silver outside with the black writing looks very classy and pretty. Although, it is very hard to take photos of! There were 2 options for me to choose from, extra-lengthening and extra-thickening. I went for the lengthening one because most of the other mascaras I own thicken lashes, so I wanted something a little different.
The brush is a bristled one and it applies very evenly. I sometimes need to even out some globs that form, but not too often considering I use it every day. It also makes my lashes look great, long and thicker, which is nice!

~Driving~

I turned 17 last month, so I've been having driving lessons. I've been waiting until I could drive since I was 13, so I'm not surprised that I love it so much! I actually took my theory test last week, and passed it! Woop! So this morning I booked my practical for April, but I'm hoping someone might cancel for a date earlier than that.
If you are taking your theory test any time soon in the UK (I'm not sure how it works in other countries, so I wouldn't want to give the wrong advice!) I definitely suggest practicing the hazard perception test a lot! It can be difficult to see the hazards at the right point, but if you do one that helps guide you when you should be clicking, then it will help you learn for the future where/when you can score maximum points.

~Nail Polish Colour Wheels~


This one is courtesy of my cousin, who gave me these wheels with a lot of nail polishes. The funny thing is, I'd been trying to get some for ages! I spent ages paining my polishes onto them in colour groups and labeling them.


I also really like how smooth they all feel! The polishes have all dried really smoothly and feel much better than when I paint my own nails! I usually get impatient and don't let them dry properly before doing something! Safe to say, they usually end up smudged! I'm pretty sure you can buy these wheels on Amazon, but I could never find any that had good enough reviews that I wanted to order.

~Versace Crystal Noir~


For Christmas last year, one of my friends gave me this bottle of Crystal Noir. It smells so lovely! It has a kind of musky/florally smell to me, although, I'm not so great at identifying smells properly, so it could be anything! I just know it smells nice! I also really love the little bottle it comes in, it's got such a pretty stopper. The only issue I have with it, is that when I try and put it onto my wrists, an air bubble forms that doesn't let me. It's probably got something to do with the size of the neck of the bottle but if anyone knows how to get around it then please feel free to let me know!

~Half the World Away - Aurora~

The last one is a song. I generally love songs that make me feel something, and his one does. It has some really beautiful lyrics. It's also the song from the John Lewis Christmas advert, if you wanted to know that. I feel like the lyrics are relatable and make me want to just go to the coast for some peculiar reason.

I hope you all have a lovely week!

Love, Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment