Saturday 6 February 2016

Nail Power!



Hey guys,

Guess who forgot to take photos until 5 o'clock today... This girl *points thumbs at self*... fun times. Although, I did make some tasty cupcakes. So I guess something good came out of it.

This post will probably fail, because, to be honest, I'm not all that great at doing nail designs anymore. I used to do some good ones, when I was 13/14, but I think I've just gotten out of the practise of it.


The first one is supposed to be a galaxy look. It started off ok, when I had only done the base coat, because it was just a base coat. It then proceeded to go downhill from there really. I wanted it to look all cool and hipster like all the photos on
This was what it actually looked like:



Please ignore the random bit of fluff that decided to position itself right at the end of the nail and only make itself visible in the photos afterwards...
I tore a makeup sponge (that I hadn't used) up and used the rougher edges to dab the blue, purple and white onto the dark background in a kind of galaxy-ish pattern. (not really a pattern at all) It actually looked really cool at that point, It was blended and splodged pretty well, and I was actually pretty impressed with myself. That was, until I tried to add some glitter and poured it into a big mound in the middle...



I didn't use all of the polishes in the photo above, and unfortunately, I'm out babysitting at the moment so don't have access to them to tell you what they're all called. If I remember to add it tomorrow then I will, however, it is highly unlikely.


The torn up makeup sponge actually provided a pretty good stippling sponge for the 'clouds' of colour as it had a quite nice rough texture. This meant that when I painted some polish directly onto it, there were still spaces that meant the colour wasn't totally overpowering.

I reckon that the design would look a lot cooler actually on my nails, because there would be a group of them all together. However, I think I might leave out the glitter next time and just go for a plain top coat!

I hope you all have a lovely week!

Love, Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment