Sunday 17 April 2016

Ombré Nails

Hey guys,

I hope you have all had a great week! Mine was brilliant as I passed my driving test! I'm super happy, and now I get to just go anywhere I want! (Within reason, as I'm just using my mum's car for now!) But still, woo, freedom!

I took the photos for this post a little while ago, when I posted my last nail idea. I thought using the colour wheels would make it easier to take the photos, and that my camera would focus better, but sadly, no.

To start with, I painted the whole nail in a shimmery dark blue. You could use any colour for this idea, but since blue is my go-to colour, here it is!


To add the white at one end, I used a small make-up sponge that I ripped a small section off of, and put a small 'puddle' of white polish on an old plate so that it would be easier to put onto the sponge. It creates a stippled look, which I thought was quite cool, but if you wanted it to be smooth, a top coat would sort it. You just have to keep dabbing a little bit of white, or lighter blue, at the end of the nail until you get the desired effect. It's kind of down to personal preference as to how dark/light you want it.


This next bit is totally optional, I just wanted to kind of incorporate a second design into one, so that it was a bit longer, and more interesting. You don't actually have to put it all together on one nail.


I decided to add a line of small gems along the base of the nail, and up the centre to give it a bit more glam, for if you were going out somewhere and wanted it a bit more special looking. Just having the line along the base, I think, looks pretty nice.Adding the line up, and the spots, I think, over-did it a bit, but then, that might just be my opinion!
 

Sorry this post didn't go up yesterday. I'm having a bit of blogger block at the moment! Also, well done to my friend Mollie, who guessed the last language was Finnish!I hope you all have a lovely week!

Love, Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment