Saturday 23 April 2016

2 Years on...

Seven hundred and twenty eight days.

That's how long I've been writing this blog. For the most part it's been amazing, and I've loved it, but at the moment everything seems to be piling up. I've been struggling to post on time, struggling to think of ideas and write the words, taking poor quality photos and my quality of writing has definitely taken a hit. Next month I will be taking my AS level exams and at the moment all of my revision and coursework is taking over. I know a lot of bloggers still write and post whilst taking exams, but I don't feel like I'll be able to handle everything. So, I've decided to take a break for a while, and I was going to start next week, but I figured that it may as well be today as this week will be another busy one, and I probably won't get another chance to sit and write this. Hopefully I'll be back at the end of June or in July, after my exams are over, but at the moment I'm just not sure. I hope I'll come back with new ideas and a set style, and later this summer I'm really going to try and work on my schedule, write some back-up posts and find a good way to take photos. I'll update my twitter on a regular basis with general things I get up to, and I'll definitely update when I'll be back, closer to the time.

When I started this blog, I just wanted people to listen. I was recently 15, and just needed someone to be there. Now I'm 17, which albeit, isn't that much older, but I feel like I have grown so much as a person. I've made different friends, become closer to old friends and had so many different experiences. When I was 15 I desperately wanted to help people, and I thought the only way I was going to be able to do that would be to go into medicine, but now, everything has changed. I've realised that, actually, I want to be as creative as possible. Not just on here, but in everything. I've realised that I can help people in different ways, I just have to think of them. The world is my oyster, as they say.

I know this sounds like I'm quitting for good, but I'm not. It was just that when I started typing, I just couldn't stop. The words were flowing, and I knew I needed to say them before they went again. Those of you who follow my twitter will know that I recently added 'Megan' to it. Grace is my middle name, Megan is my first name, but I always used to hate it. So many people were called Megan and I just so wanted to be different. I thought I needed to try and be someone else, but actually, all I need to be is myself, and I think I'm going to use these next few months to work on that.


I love you all, thank you for sticking with me and always being supportive! I hope you all have a lovely few months!

I'm going to come back better than ever, so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment