Monday 25 July 2016

DIY enamel dots

Hey guys,

As a quick warning, this DIY didn't really work all that well, so I wouldn't get your hopes up for seeing perfect little dots that can be used for delicate things. They kind of look like little slightly-coloured splodges...

I saw this idea on Pinterest, and I thought, 'yes, I can do that with my glue gun' (I actually can't, and I burnt myself a few times). I have since done a little more research into it, and the ones I saw were actually melted beads. Pinterest: 1, Megan: 0... However, I thought you might like to see my attempt!



I was using my glue gun for them, but you definitely need to make sure it is very very hot so the glue forms a dot, rather than something that resembles a Hershey's kiss (If you don't know what that is, its a little teardrop shaped chocolate with a flat base). I was gluing them to the back of an old notebook I have (yet another mistake!) which turned out to be a really bad idea, because I couldn't get them off very easily. I had to try and pry them off with my nail and ended up breaking some of them in half. Oops!


The ones I did manage to get off were ok I guess, they were quite cool little blobs. I painted them with a coat of acrylic paint (not a good idea to do it after you take them off the sheet), which looked a little bit patchy in the end. By this point though, I was so done with the whole thing that I just gave up and have since decided that should I need any enamel dots in the future, I will be buying them, and not trying to make them with a glue gun. The only one that came out ok was the tiny red one on the far left of the row! I might keep that one, but the rest will be being relocated to the bin very shortly!


Don't you just love it when a DIY fails! (That was sarcasm, I don't actually love it)

I am going away on Saturday, so hopefully I will have written the posts for the next 2 weeks by then, I'm also hoping to post twice a week whilst I'm away, so stay tuned for some great ones! They will be scheduled, so there may or may not be any tweets about them, and I'm not 100% sure which days they will be up yet, so I'll let you all know closer to the time! I hope if you try to make enamel dots that they turn out a lot better than mine did!

Love you all 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment