Tuesday 19 July 2016

Rock monsters

Hey guys,

Sorry this didn't go up yesterday! The paint I used took slightly longer than I wanted it to to dry.

I saw some rock monster photos on Pinterest a few weeks ago and I really loved the idea of them, so I decided to go out and find some random stones in my garden and put them to good use. I found 3 of various sizes so I could try out some different looks. I think they went pretty well actually.


Before I painted them, I had to wash the rocks slightly as 2 of them were covered in moss on one side from where they'd been in the garden quite a while. They were still pretty green, but I figured that since the paint I was going to use was acrylic, it would cover over it.


 
 


Depending on which paint I was using, some needed 2 or 3 coats, whilst others only really needed 1. I painted all of the rocks first, then drew out a few face ideas on a piece of paper so I could decide which ones I liked best. To draw on the faces I used black sharpie for the blue and red rocks but black acrylic paint for the purple, as the sharpie didn't really show up very well. White acrylic worked well to create the teeth, but I would suggest using a thin brush, as bigger ones are a lot harder to be precise with.



For the eyes I decided to use 2 different sizes of googly eyes. They look super cute stuck on (I could only find super glue, but I'm pretty sure any other type works just as well) and give them a cute yet fierce look.


I hope you enjoyed this post, I would love to see if you decide to make these, so feel free to tweet me (@_littleblog)! I hope you all have a lovely rest of the week, I hope it's not too hot or too cold for you all!

Love you all 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment