Saturday 7 June 2014

May Favourites


Hey there!

So May has come and gone (very, very quickly!) so I decided to upload a May Favourites post. I see YouTubers doing these videos all the time and I thought 'hey, maybe this would work for a blog post too', so here is my trial run!


These are just a few of the things I loved in May, some of them are beauty related while others are more on the random side! Right, first up is:


Tanya Burr lipgloss in 'Afternoon tea'. I recently did a haul post which included this lipgloss and a small review but I am still absolutely loving this! It has a great pigment and is very shiny. It looks great on and the applicator on the end makes for a very precise finish. Not many lipglossses have any scent but this one does, it is a very sweet smell which makes me think of jelly sweets (in particular strawberry laces) and I really like it, however, it may be a marmite kind of scent. You either love it or you hate it!




Next is TFIOS, or The Fault in Our Stars, and wow this book is amazing! For those of you who haven't read it yet (you probably should) it is a young adult novel narrated by 16 year old Hazel who has stage IV thyroid cancer. She was bought some time by a 'medical miracle' when she was 14 and met 17 year old Augustus Waters at her cancer support group. It was written by John Green who also wrote 'Paper Towns' and 'Looking for Alaska', I think this book is a great read and is quite difficult to explain without giving too much away! It can make you laugh, cry, and even then you want to keep on reading! 




It has also been adapted into a film (which I will be going to see) and is due to be released in the UK on the 19th June.

Next up is 'Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser'. this moisturiser is very light and refreshing for your skin. It has great coverage and I am only on my second bottle in about 6 months so it does last a long time. It is £1.88 (usually £3.79) for 125ml from Superdrug but I really think you do get the most out of your money! The only slight down-side to this product is that when you use it, your skin does stay quite tacky and damp-ish for a while until it dries. There is also a 'Protecting' version but I haven't tried it so I can't really compare the two types but because 'Simple' doesn't use extra additives and things it is suitable for even sensitive skin types.



 

I have also been liking the Britney Spears perfume 'Believe'. It has a very floral and fruity scent which may not be for everybody but I love it! You can buy it in Superdrug (Here) for £15 (usually £30) and it is described as having 'Guava pulp and tangerine, with honeysuckle and linden blossom make this perfume a warm blend of florals and exotic fruits, while the amber and patchouli aroma give this scent a musky and sensual depth'. 



The very precise, angular bottle gives it a very 'cool' look and also a very pretty appearance which is key for something like a perfume bottle!


This favourite is a bit of a weird one because it is orange and mango squash. With this type of juice you mix it with water and it creates a delicious juice that makes water so much nicer, you can buy this bottle from Tesco but also other types from many different supermarkets. I'm not really one for just drinking water or having juice with only one fruit. My style is more along the lines of tropical or summer fruits because I find just plain flavours very boring and same-y! This juice is very refreshing and sweet and I'm not really sure I can just go on and on about juice, so lets leave it there!



Ok, so it sounds a bit cliché but I have been really loving writing this blog! Just a Little Blog has been going for about 6 weeks now and every post I write I feel so happy that I get to share this with you guys! At first I thought it would be a lot more difficult that it actually is so I am going to keep on going and trying to write as many different posts as possible! Thank you for reading! :)



Until next time!
-G-
X

No comments:

Post a Comment