Saturday 14 June 2014

Nail Art - Summer spots

Hey there!

This post is going to be a nail art design. This is my own design and you can alter it in any way you like!

You will need:
Nail polish in any colours you like



-I used: Rimmel lasting finish in purple pulse and hot shot, and Barry M colours 'sugar apple', 'greenberrry' and a limited edition one from 2013 that, sadly, I don't think is available anymore!




A tooth pick or nail art tool
Top coat
























First, you need to do 2 coats of your chosen base colour, I used Barry M 'sugar apple'. It provides a very good base and is the perfect base colour for a summer nail. 



Then you need to add the first layer of spots. I chose the Barry M colour in 'Greenberry'. It is a very pretty green and the 2 colours mixed together looks very pretty! To do this, I used a nail art tool that I got for £1.50 from Avon, it is very useful but a toothpick can work just as well for the job!



You could just leave the nail like this but if you want to add some more details then keep reading! ;) 




 Next I added the flower with the Rimmel 'Hot Shot'. This is a very bright pink and I thought it would be great for a flower. I also added a spot of purple to the center to add some more details.



I also added some pink and sparkly spots to the background but I think this made it became quite crowded and drew away from the nail. I actually have small pots of different colours that I use to do the art and the end of each is a very small thin brush that is very good for doing details but I don't know where they are from (sorry).




I think I preferred it before but the finished look was still quite pretty! Previously, I have attempted different nail art styles but sometimes I think it is nicer to have different styles every so often!



I hope you enjoyed this post!



Until next time
-G-
X

No comments:

Post a Comment