Saturday 21 June 2014

What's in my bag?

Hey there!

I get a lot of inspiration from other blogs and Youtube (and my own head!) for what to write here but I also like to change whatever it is a little. I like to make it my own and for this weeks post I doing my own take on a 'What's in my bag?'.

My bag is this small 'over-shoulder' bag which was £4 from Primark. I think the colour is very 'in' and works well with a lot of different outfits and colours. 



It has 2 zip-up pockets, one small and one larger, and I think this is great because I feel my belongings are a lot safer if my bag has a zip on it than if it just had the magnetic clasp. The front pocket is quite small so i just keep odds and ends in there, things I always think I may need but never seem to!




There is really pretty detailing along the front flap, it is these really sweet little flowers that give it a touch of decoration but not so much that it's the only thing you see.

So, in the first pocket I have: A Tanya Burr lipgloss in 'Afternoon Tea' The smell of this lipgloss is so amazing and it has a great pigment that lasts a very long time!

I also have a '2true' concealer in shade 3. It gives great coverage but can be quite 'cakey' if it isn't blended properly. For anyone just starting out with makeup I do suggest giving the 2true brand a try because it has some great products while still being very affordable. I think this concealer was £1.99 and they have a liquid concealer too, for the same price.


I think, as you can probably tell, this is my 'emergency' makeup section, I also have this beauty uk eyeliner pencil. The picture doesn't really convey the size but I've used it quite a bit and it is very weeny! (I think I may need a new one!) It is a brown pencil because sometimes black can be slightly too bold and I prefer to do more natural eyes. (It also doesn't show mistakes as much!)


Also in there is a Nivea hydro care lipbalm. It has SPF 15 and does help to hydrate your lips well!


Right, now onto a hair band and some grips. I think every girl must have at least 1 hair grip in her bag because they seem to get everywhere and I am always losing them, having to buy more and then finding the old ones. I actually have a couple of tricks for how to store them so check back in a couple of weeks to find out! ;) 


I also have a small vial (bottle) of perfume. Originally it didn't come in this but I had this sweet little bottle left over from a different smell so I squirted a little in and now keep it in my bag incase I need a top-up on smell! These are very useful as it means you don't have to carry around a huge bottle, the only problem is that I have 'miss-placed' it a couple of times! The perfume I have in it is Britney Spears 'Believe' which i mentioned in my May Favourites post last week.


I don't think this next picture really needs more explanation than this: here is a half eaten pack of polos.


That's it for the small section, now onto the next. Which is a little bit messy!


I have some headphones, they're actually kind of broken because one of the earphones doesn't work but I've had them for a while. It's a record I've had them this long because I always seem to break headphones as soon as I buy them! They were from Tesco and I think £6.


In my bag I like to have a mini impulse spray, I actually don't use it very much but it is nice to have if it is a hot day and I just need to feel a little fresher!


I was actually quite surprised when I was emptying my bag at the amount of stuff I had in it! I also had my phone and purse. I have a blackberry with a blue spotted case that I brought from Ebay but I cant remember who from or how much (I thing it was about £1 something?). It has gone a bit of an odd colour around the rim which is slightly irritating as it is supposed to all be the same colour!


My purse is a Rip Curl one and it is such a soft material! I think it is leather but I'm not sure. Again, I don't know how much it was or where it was from (somewhere in Australia) because I got it for Christmas but I wanted to include it because I love it so much! It has this really pretty 'floral-y' panel at the top and is such a bright colour, which is great because I love bright colours!


And, of course some tissues. You never know when you will need a tissue! (Superdrug - 6 for £1.40 I think)


A little notebook that I brought from a stall at a fate a few years ago. I use it to write lists or blog ideas. You never know when a spontaneous blogging opportunity may arise! It is so cute, size A6 and has these really pretty embroidered flowers on the front!


And of course I need a pencil to write with ;) this is just a plain twist up pencil but it's good because it never needs to be sharpened and I can use it on the go!


I also have a few random items in this pocket too! I have a nail file (emery board) which also has a buffer side to fix any breakages. 


A comb because, well you may need a comb one day and think 'I should have brought my comb with me', I will now never think that. However unlikely that situation is!


Oh, and of course I have another half eaten pack of polos. Because one pack is never enough! ;) I probably forgot i already had a pack in my bag and just chucked some more in *oops!*


So, I think that is it now! Except from this 5p I found at the bottom but I didn't think it was really all that special and probably should have been in my purse!


Now its done! *phew* that was a lot of stuff! Next week's post is going to be a little different because it is going to be a review. Today I am going to see The Fault in Our Stars in the cinema, I think the tissues may come in handy! Because I have also read the book (which I thought was a must before I saw the film) I am going to do a comparison review that incorporates both versions, but don't worry, I will try to keep the tear splotches, sniffing and spoilers to a minimum! 

I hope you liked seeing what kinds of half-random items I had in my bag!

Until next time
-G-
X

No comments:

Post a Comment