Monday 8 August 2016

Holiday staples

Hey guys,

Sorry some of the photos in this post are a little dark, the English weather is so frustrating! It was so sunny before and now it's trying to rain and cloudy! Not a blogger's best scenario! I've tried my best to lighten them a little, but I'm not the best at editing photos, I just take them.

Every year, there are a couple if items that I know I just can't cope without (I could probably cope, I just wouldn't really want to). They include simple things, like a hat and sunglasses. The hat was £4 from New Look, it's currently in the sale and the glasses were also from New Look, but I brought them 2 years ago so I don't know whether you would still be able to find them or not.


I also like having different body sprays. When I'm at school and it's hot it's nice to be able to just quickly spray and feel a bit less like you've been sat in hot classrooms all day sweating. However, they are like gum at school and as soon as you whip it out, everyone wants to use it. I love the impulse sprays, they're lovely smells, but I also like the Superdrug own brand ones, which are slightly cheaper at the moment. They're still great smelling and I just feel like I get more for my money with them.


It's always a good idea to have a good lip balm and moisturiser. They help with the dry skin you sometimes get if you spent too much time in the sun. I will always love this simple one, it just works really well for me and I think it is definitely worth the money. The little pot of it is from Primark, I brought it just before I did DofE so that it was nice and compact for me to carry, I think it's only about £1. I don't actually know where this lip balm came from, I know it's from W7, but I have no idea here you can buy it unfortunately. It is similar to the EOS lip balms in it's design, an it is really smooth and pretty good for keeping my lips nice and soft.

(I'm really sorry this photo is so dreadful, everytime I tried to lighten it, you couldn't see the bottle clearly!)


This is the last one on the makeup front; setting spray! Honestly, this is probably one of the best purchases I have made in the last year. It is only £5 from Superdrug (and it's also by my favourite brand) and it holds my makeup in place really well! I'm always so pleased, it helps to stop me sweating it all off in the summer months.


Another summer must-have of mine is my camera (which obviously I can't really take a photo of). I love taking photos on my holiday but also just of the regular things I see, bugs, flowers, happy people...  I just love that I can take it anywhere and take any photos I like (within reason of course). 
The last one has definitely got to be a good book or 2! I love reading generally, but when it's combined with summer and sitting relaxing in the sun, reading just trumps everything! I chose 'The List' by Nicola Yoon and 'Everything, Everything' by Siobhan Vivian to take with me and I will hopefully be posting some book reviews about them in September/October time. I really liked the blurbs and am really excited to read them! However, anyone that knows me will know that these wont be the only 2 books I take on holiday with me... and they would be right! I am taking a couple of others, which I will also hopefully be doing some book reviews for. 


I hope you are all having a lovely week so far!

Love you all 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment