Thursday 4 August 2016

What's in my holiday makeup bag?

Hey guys,

I hope you enjoyed my favourites post on Monday! This one is a holiday edition of 'what's in my makeup bag' (not that I've done one of those before anyway).

I don't tend to wear very much makeup on holiday, and what I do wear is very minimal. I've made the mistake that past few years of taking way too much, and then just never wearing it! This year, however, I have decided to just take the basics for my usual, everyday look and then a couple of extra bits for if I decide to add a lippy, or eyeliner etc.


The makeup bag I have decided to take is this purple and red-ish one from Toni and Guy, I actually got it free when I went to an apprenticeships fair with my school. It's the perfect size to hold everything I need, but isn't too big, and its not a totally awkward shape to try and pack. I will probably put it into a bigger bag with all my other toiletries, just so it's all together.


I decided to take my make-up revolution Euphoria palette because it has all the neutral and gold toned eyeshadows I wear on a daily basis, but it also has bronzer, blusher and highlighter, all in one place which is pretty handy! I love both of the palettes I have from make-up revolution, they're such great quality and all the colours are so lovely to use.



I didn't want to take any actual foundation, because I want to give my skin a bit of a break, but I am going to take a concealer and powder too just control any shine if I'm going out anywhere or to just cover over any major breakouts.



I also have the other 'main' pieces, like mascara, pencil and liquid eyeliner and lipbalm, and then I'm also taking a couple of lipsticks. I have 3 colours (a red, pink and darker red) and then a neutral one for more general wear (if I can be bothered to put any makeup on in the first place!). I also have 2 nail polishes, a neutral one and the green/turquoise I currently have on my toes, so that I can top it up if needed.





To make my makeup looks stay put for a little longer I'm going to take my makeup revolution setting spray and a No7 eye primer. If I go to the effort of putting makeup on for an evening, I want it to actually stay put and this setting spray is actually very good at doing just that!



I don't think you need to take very much makeup on holiday, it gives you a chance to give your skin a break and no one will massively care that you don't have 3 layers of mascara on on a particular day. (Or at least, I wouldn't).

I hope you are all having a lovely week so far!

Love you all 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment