Wednesday 31 August 2016

My bucket list

Hey guys,

When I say the phrase 'bucket list' I guess some people either think I have a weird love for buckets (which I don't) or that I'm dying (which I'm not). I remember writing down a list when I was about 8 years old and thinking it was such a fantastic idea! The things I put on the list weren't even all that special, some of them were just to try a certain food. I've added to it over the years, as I've grown up, and the things I've added have changed accordingly. I've even managed to cross a few off the list in the last year or so!

1. Learn to drive - This one is actually complete now, I learnt for 4 months and passed my practical test on the 15th of April this year. I can remember wishing I was older when I was 13 just so that I could learn to drive. I didn't just want the freedom it gave, because I had quite a bit of freedom anyway, what I really wanted was to be able to do things for myself more. To make spontaneous decidions about where I'm going to go one day and not have to ask for a lift. I was so excited that the first thing I did was go and buy my mum a bunch of flowers and surprise her with them to say thank you for ferrying me everywhere for 17 years!

2. Buy my own car - This is another completed item. I brought my first car last weekend and I totally love it! It's a grey Toyota Aygo and it's even sparkly in the sun!

3. Go to Australia

4. Try a cheese and ketchup sandwich - This one is slightly odd. I can't for the life of me remember which book I read about it in, but I knew I just had to try it, just because it sounded like a weird mix!

5. Run a marathon - Even though I don't run (I have actually started a 'couch to 5k' programme I made this week, so I guess I have to say I do run now) I've always wanted to run a marathon. My dad ran the London marathon back in 2010 and since then all I've wanted to do is follow in his footsteps.

6. Complete a triathlon - This one, again, is inspired by my parents. They trained for and completed a section each, along with my uncle, however, I want to take it one step further and train for and complete a whole one on my own!

7. Travel the world

8. Fly in a helicopter - I had a weird fascination with aircraft and helicopters for quite a while. I used to watch 'aircrash investigation' all the time and I even began to know what brought a plane down before they'd even got to explaining that part... I still love aircraft and finding out random things about them but I have calmed down watching so many TV shows about them!

9. Get a Saturday job - This, again, is another completed one. I got a job at House of Fraser last August (a year ago last Sunday) and I'm thoroughly enjoying it! Some people think I'm a little weird that I actually love the hustle and bustle of the Christmas period!

10. Be happy - This one is probably the biggest point and, even though I might not always be able to acchieve it, I want to spend the vast majority of my life as happy as possible.

Unfortunately I couldn't actually find the list I wrote all those years ago, so I can't remember exactly what was on it. If I find it I may do an updated list in a few months or so!

I hope you're having an absolutely lovely week so far!

Love you all x

No comments:

Post a Comment