Sunday 12 July 2015

Bottles of Beads

Hey guys!

I hope you have had a lovely weekend! I can't believe it's Sunday afternoon already though! I feel like time has been slipping away this week, it doesn't help that I keep forgetting what day of the week it is either. Hopefully there should be a tester post tomorrow, it's not all that exciting to be honest, I'm just testing to see if scheduling my posts will work while I'm on holiday.



As soon as I saw these bottles in Asda (which had chocolate milk in them originally), I knew I could use them and write a post about them! That, and I really wanted the chocolate milk inside, chocolate just so happens to be my favourite sweet, so it gave me a whole other reason to buy them! (I didn't drink both, I gave one to  my brother, just in case you were thinking a downed both in a day!) They're actually a lot like the glass milk bottles people get delivered and I know you can buy similar ones in Ikea but I have no idea how much they are!

I wish I had a flower or something to put in each of the bottles because I think it would look pretty cool, especially if it was a white flower. The contrast between the beads and the flower would look very pretty. 




To fill the bottles completely, I needed a LOT of beads! In hindsight, it probably would've been easier to do a mix of colours, rather than trying to separate all of the different colours! (Believe me, it took a long time!) I didn't buy any beads for it, they all came from a tin which I've had for absolutely years, which is why they are all different! You, of course, can buy some that create the look you want! The blue and green one fits the aesthetic of my room a lot more, so that will probably be the one I will keep like it. 



Instead of beads, you could use shells, or seeds, or sand. They could also be used in a kitchen, by filling them with milk or coffee granules. There is a tonne of possibilities for a simple bottle! However, I really recommend that you use a funnel or make a paper one (like I did) to get the beads or whatever you use, into the bottle as they are prone to going everywhere!



I hope you guys have a wonderful few days! Keep your fingers crossed that my scheduled post works!


Until next time 
Grace
X

No comments:

Post a Comment