Friday 10 July 2015

In The Buff - Review

Hey guys!

Again, I'm sorry this didn't go up when I said it would! I think it's because I'm going away on Wednesday and I keep finding things I need to do! Like write a few posts that I can put up when I have wifi! 

I didn't realise, but the photos for this post were from ages ago, so they're in what little snow we had here in January! I hope they don't make you feel too cold...



I brought this eye shadow set last August, when I was in Wales and I instantly knew I loved all the colours and they would get good use! I wrote about it in my Wales haul post last year but put that there were only 2 matte shades and didn't really go into much detail. (When I took the pictures, I'll admit, they look hardly used but I'm not known for wearing particularly heavy eye shadow except at special occasions, so in 4 months, they weren't used too thickly). 



9 of the shadows have a slight shimmer, not too much but it is there enough for you to know it is kind of shimmery, if that makes sense! The other 3 are matte and are perfect for highlighting the brow bone or shading in the crease to give a bit more definition. The one I use for highlighting (Buff) has a slight yellow tinge (but only slightly), which I think just gives it a little bit more of a lightening effect. It is the kind of colour that I would say is a really milky pink with a tiny drop of yellow (which is the colour I ended up with when I was painting a face back at the beginning of year 10! (Let's just say, it didn't go well and they made me re-do the piece! The girl looked pretty much like a ghost and a very ill one at that!) The other matte shades are Onyx (which I'm pretty sure is just black) and Chocolate (a really subtle brown that defines perfectly). 

(I had to make this picture extra large so you could read the names! Hence why it goes off the page slightly.)


I only really use a couple of the colours on a daily basis (Sand, Chocolate, Earth, Buff and sometimes Dust), so I think I need to be slightly more experimental with my colours! All of the shades are incredibly pigmented and I think it is totally worth the £7 I paid for it! It is kind of like a cheaper dupe for the Naked palettes (there were other colour varieties in the Next I got it from). The brush that comes with it is pretty good but I don't tend to use it much as I have a couple of brushes that I think are pretty good already. They're not exactly high-end but they're good all the same! 

Have a lovely day! I'm going to post again on Sunday (This time I really do promise!) and it should be another DIY post. After this week, the posts will hopefully be up on Saturdays and Wednesdays again but it all depends on where and when I get wifi really. 

Until next time 
Grace
X

No comments:

Post a Comment