Saturday 18 July 2015

Glue Sun-catchers

Hey guys! 

Happy Saturday! I hope your weeks have all been wonderful. 

This post may end in disaster. When I started this idea I wasn't sure if it was going to work and as I write this, I already know that I may have tried to peel the glue off before it was dry this morning! 

I found this idea on Pinterest and If it works, I think it would be a great DIY for kids or just for decorations. For this, you will need, glue (this was probably where I went wrong because it was clear PVA rather than the white one like the Pinterest post said to use), food colouring, an old lid to put it in and tooth picks. This actually didn't take too long to make (apart from the drying time) and was pretty fun! 



If you have gel food colour like me, I would recommend mixing a small amount with a drop of water to make it more liquid-y but regular food colouring is probably the best to use. I mixed my colouring in teaspoons and made all the primary and secondary colours. 





Squeeze a thick-ish layer of glue into the lid (I used an old jar lid) and then comes the fun bit! Drop a few drops of colouring onto the glue and then swirl them around with the toothpick. This makes the catchers all look completely unique and cool at the same time. 









Believe it or nit, this photo actually has no filters on it! 

It is best to leave the lid to dry for a day probably. I left mine all afternoon and night but it still wasn't dry this morning so I really wish I had left it longer! But, hopefully it will dry and look ok later on! 

Have a lovely week guys! 


Until next time 
Grace
X

Since writing this, the glue dried and it actually looks very cool! The colours are all swirly and pretty. However, I have no idea what I'm going to do with it! Always make sure the whole of the lid is covered as well because otherwise, the edges will be uneven and look weird. Like mine!



No comments:

Post a Comment