Saturday 25 July 2015

DIY Multi-Frames

Hey guys! 

This idea came to me when I saw how much these frames usually are in shops! I knew I had a load of old wooden frames and luckily, had some ivory paint left over from when we decorated my bedroom last year. I'm really sorry that the photos are such poor quality! The lighting in my room just didn't want to co-operate with me and they were taken a little quick!

I originally had some stickers on the frames so sanding them down was the first port of call to make sure the paint would go on smoothly. They all ended up looking pretty good afterwards so I laid out an old towel in the sunshine to paint them. (The towel ended up being a really good idea as I managed to spill some of the paint and the frames had paint on the undersides from where it went over a little). 


The frames were originally a light wood (but I didn't think to take before photos!) and can be brought from pretty much any hobby shop or online. The smaller frames were all the same size but all different thicknesses. I think this actually added more to the overall look of the frame in the end because it made it have a few different levels. I also found some larger frames that someone had given us a while ago and added one into the centre of the frames. Originally, I was just going to glue the smaller frames together but after I saw what the larger one looked like, I decided it looked a lot better! I had to do about 3 coats on all of the frames so that they were all the same colour and the paint was even. They came up looking pretty good actually! 

I then laid them out on the table/my bed to decide how they look best and used my glue gun to glue them all together. I think they came out looking pretty good and it definitely saved me money when it comes to it! It also creates a nice DIY touch to my room. 


Now, all I have to do is fill the frames with photos, put it up on the wall and the job is done! This post was a lot shorter that I was originally expecting! Sorry about that, but hopefully *crosses fingers* Saturday's post will be a little longer!

Have a lovely few days!


Until next time 
Grace
X

No comments:

Post a Comment