Saturday 5 December 2015

Getting Involved

Hey guys,

I'm very sorry this post is so late going up! I got totally distracted putting up Christmas decorations!

If you follow me on Twitter at all, you will have probably seen a photo like this of my face painted as a lioness.


It was for my school production of The Lion King that was this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night. I have to say, it was the most fun I've had for a while! Previous years, my school has done shows like; Mugged, Macbeth and The SilverTown Letters, but this year they actually went for something fun and *shocked gasp* a musical! It was a LOT of work from both the students and teachers but it was definitely worth it. It makes me wish that I'd done things like it when I was younger. I've been doing the productions at my school for the past 4 years but I wish that I'd done more things like it because I think it might have given me a bit more confidence. I have sung in front of audiences before, and at my primary school we used to have to have to do assemblies in front of the other years, but I always used to be so scared of it!

I think that it's definitely a good thing to get involved with things like plays and concerts. It helps build confidence and is also a good thing to have on your CV. It definitely shows that you have confidence and that you can work as part of a team, which is good!

One of the things I have learnt though is how to paint my face as a lioness! The face paint in the photo above, I did myself and I was pretty (very) pleased with it! It was a little hard to do it when we'd run out of orange and white but if you dab with the sponges enough then you get quite a good ombré effect (pointer for if you ever have to face-paint a lioness).

Have a wonderful week guys!

Love, Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment