Saturday 19 December 2015

Jars and Stuff...

Hey guys,

It is officially the Christmas holidays! Woo! It's also only 6 days until Christmas!

Today features another jar, however, it wasn't me who made it. It was actually my friend and she gave it to me for my birthday. It is a Jar filled with malteasers and little red strawberry sweets. It's a jar of reindeer noses! I absolutely love the idea! (Plus, I love malteasers... a lot!)  It's very festive and cute! She cut out (I think) a reindeer face, complete with little antlers and ear bits and stuck it to the front.She even added a cute little red button for a nose and eyes and a mouth. It's just so cute!


Another jar idea is to fill one with different layers of the ingredients for cookies or cakes. The idea is to put all of the dry ingredients in the jar in layers (like, flour, sugar or cocoa powder). It creates a pretty jar of ingredients that takes away the work of measuring out the ingredients for the recipient of the jar. You could probably add a wooden spoon and tie ribbon around it, rather than wrapping it up completely (the person might tip it up by accident, mixing up the layers). You would need to write a not explaining how much butter or how many eggs the person needs to add in, depending on your recipe.

The last idea isn't jar related at all, it involves a toilet paper roll, made into a little present... thing. It may not be the coolest thing, and you may not want to give someone a toilet paper roll. Obviously, it's probably best to either paint it or decorate it with ribbon and things. It is a good idea for putting small gifts that you don't have a gift bag or box for. I just used a couple of bits of ribbon that I had in a drawer to make it look a little prettier!


I am going to try and post every day up to Christmas eve! I have planned them and taken some photos, I just have to write them. So. I will see you guys tomorrow.

Love, Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment