Tuesday 22 December 2015

Special Snowflakes

Hey guys,

Happy Christmas eve eve eve! It's only 3 days! Woo!

I thought today's post should have some cool and different snowflakes in it. AKA, special snowflakes. There are two types in this post today, paper ones and glue ones.

The paper snowflakes have a theme... I figured that since The Force Awakens has been so huge this year (and last year if you were anticipating it, like me), that the snowflakes should be star wars themed. My mum found a post on Facebook about it, so she made the Darth Vader one while I made the Storm Trooper flake. They're actually pretty simple to make. You just have to search 'Star Wars snowflake template' and there is a lot to choose from! If you are more skilled than me with a Stanley knife (or just scissors) then you could probably do a trickier one like the Millennium Falcon whereas, if you are just starting out and you want a slightly simpler one, then the Storm Trooper might be for you. Although, I would suggest sketching out the design (half of it anyway) onto the paper before you start, so that you know where to cut.






Using a coffee filter might also make it easier for having a pre-cut circle because That was one of the issues I had, folding the paper and trying to make it circular!

The other snowflakes in this post are ones made from glue. I think they would look pretty cool hanging up in a window because you are never guaranteed a shape with glue so it creates some pretty unique shapes. You can do this with either PVA or a glue gun, but I decided to use my glue gun because I knew it dried semi-clear.



To do this, you will need some grease-proof paper (baking paper), which you can either draw out a snowflake onto or just put the glue straight on top. Before it dried, I also sprinkled some glitter over the flake, to give it some added sparkle factor.



I think they actually worked quite well considering it was my first attempt at shaping glue ( besides my dismal attempt on the jar a few weeks ago!) I actually rather like them. I think I will tape them to our kitchen window along with the Star Wars flakes.


I hope you guys have a nice evening. See you all tomorrow on the eve of Christmas Eve!

Love, Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment