Thursday 24 December 2015

The Christmas Tag

Hey guys,

Sorry I didn't put up a post yesterday, I had to spend all day in bed to try and be better for Christmas. I won't go into details but lets just say, yesterday wasn't fun at all... My head is still kind of fuzzy so sorry if there are any mistakes in this post! I'm also not sure what I'm going to do about the post I had for yesterday, because it is very Christmassy and I'm pretty sure it won't have the same effect in June. I'll probably just save it until next November or something. I just have to try not to lose the photos I have for it.

The lovely Izzy over at http://qthee.com/  did the Christmas tag a few days ago and she nominated anyone who wanted to do it, so I decided to give it a shot. I mixed up some of her questions with some others that I liked from other tags too.

~White lights or coloured lights?
I love coloured lights on the tree but if it's outside, then white lights. I love the ones that hang down and look like ice.

~What tops your tree?
We have an angel on the top of our tree that I'm pretty sure we've had a while seeing as I can't remember there being anything else on the top. Here's a funny story for you: My brother and I used to argue so much over who got to put the angel on the tree that I made a rota for who's year it was for putting it on/taking it off. Apparently it was a big thing for us at the time! We also gained another little angel for the tree last year, when my 5 year old cousin made one for us last year! It's so adorable and we put it in pride of place at the top. 


~Do you like to stay in your PJ’s, or dress up for Christmas?
I like to stay in my PJ's when I open presents with my parents and my brother in the morning. This is mostly because I'm either too excited to bother getting dressed, or my brother has woken me up so early that I'm too tired to. I do, however, get dressed for when my family come over, or when we go to see family. 

~Favourite Christmas scent?
I brought a couple of candles for my mum last year, from Primark, and I really love their smells. One is 'Warm Winter Berries' and the other is 'Coconut and Vanilla Cream'. I really love the smell of berries and it just makes my feel really festive. Also, the smell of Christmas dinner cooking.


~What is your favourite holiday drink?
Considering how I don't like any other hot drinks, it would definitely have to be either hot chocolate or hot milk. 

~What’s your favourite Christmas food?
Chocolate log for sure! My mum makes them from scratch and it is honestly the best thing! I also love honey roasted vegetables, I'm not just about the chocolate!

~What’s the best part about Christmas for you?
I love getting to give people presents and see their faces when they open them! I also love getting to spend quality time with my family. We always see (almost) everyone on either Christmas Day or Boxing Day and I don't get to see some of my family as much as I would like to throughout the rest of the year. 

~Favourite Christmas film?
I've never really got into watching Christmas films and shock horror, I've never seen The Grinch. However, I did watch Nativity! the other day, so that counts right?

~Favourite Christmas song?
I've always really loved 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' I love the 1984 version but also the 2014 version because it just mixes up a lot of different people that are influential to this generation and brings the song back into play really. I also like 'All I Want For Christmas' and 'It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas'. It's also fun to listen to people's covers of Christmas songs.

~Real or fake tree?
Sadly, it's a fake one! I love real trees and I really love the smell of them, but unfortunately I'm allergic to them. *Sadface* 

~Do you prefer giving or receiving gifts?
This one is definitely easiest to answer! I really love giving people presents! I love getting to think of ideas for them and buying/making things! I even love wrapping them! Even though I'm not particularly good at it!

I'm not sure when my next post will be up. It won't be Boxing day, even though it's a Saturday, because I'm working all morning and then we're having family over, so it will probably be either the 28th or the 31st. I hope you guys all have a lovely Christmas and you get everything you ask for! 

Love, Grace x



No comments:

Post a Comment